As a teacher for many years there are certain things that strike fear into my heart...below is a short list
1. When you get the email from a parent that says lice in the subject line
2. Dealing with hot lunch money.
3. When a parent says he was not feeling well this morning but I sent him anyway....
4. The PTO sends out the fundraising packs.
5. You see rain for the next 5 days and know it is indoor recess.
6. Your special has been canceled.
7. When your child wakes up sick and you need to stay home but still need pull together lesson plans.
8. Food allergies
9. Field trips
10. It looks like snow so prepare a snow bag to send home.
11. It is a kids birthday and they bring in cake that needs to be cut up and served and cleaned up.
12. When your admin wants to meet with you on a Friday afternoon.
13. You come in on Monday and find the tuna sandwich in the trash from Friday.
14. You send a child home with conjunctivitis.
15. You get the email over the summer that says you need to move classrooms ASAP!
16. A parent sends you a note that their child is going to be out for 2 weeks starting tomorrow and they want all their work.
17. Standardized testing.
18. Getting a new student in February.
19. The barfs.
20. Glitter and glue.
What makes us smile.....SNOW DAYS!